The French Creative Retreat
The French Creative Retreat
May 1st-4th, Bonneval, France.
Join us in the French countryside for a week of creativity: landscape and nature painting in the open air, floral arranging with locally foraged greenery and blooms, cultivating community with other creative people, and taking part in the relaxed French way of life.
The retreat will be hosted in a large chateau and working farm, located an hour south of Paris, amongst fields, small villages, and ancient castles. In this setting, we will deeply experience the charm of France and enjoy creativity and inspiration in a slow-living environment.
We will gather Tuesday evening for a welcome dinner at the Chateau; a time to get to know each other over wine and enjoy an artisan dinner on the grounds. Throughout the remainder of the week, we will offer optional creative workshops focused on nature and interpreting the beauty around us into paintings, floral arrangements, watercolor pieces, and cyanotypes. There will also be ample time for you to wander the grounds, rest, journal, and refresh your soul.
There will be time to explore the surrounding villages and castles during the week so we can shop at the local market or go out to a restaurant with new friends. France is full of culture and charms and this is the perfect time to catch a bit of the local way-of-life.
Being a working farm as well as a castle, we will search the grounds for creative inspiration to be used in the workshops.
We plan to eat well and look forward to dinners complete with produce from the farm, and wine from the Chateau's cellar.
Above all, we want to make sure you feel refreshed when you leave. Through retreat, creative workshops, good food, and fellowship, there will be a harmonious balance of inspiration, rest and rejuvenation.
Tuesday afternoon and evening
- Guests arrive; gather at the Chateau for a wine tasting and cocktails, dinner, and a relaxed evening exploring the house and grounds.
- Slow morning over a European breakfast and coffee followed by a workshop session 1, lunch, and workshop session 2. There will be time to rest and explore before joining dinner.
- European breakfast followed by a morning workshop and light lunch. Afternoon spent exploring the nearby castles (Chateau de Chateaudun is stunning) and villages. Dinner in a local restaurant of your choice.
- Slow morning over a European breakfast and coffee followed by workshop session 1, lunch, and workshop session 2. There will be time to rest and explore before joining dinner.
- Breakfast, relaxation, and departure at noon.
Dates: May 1st - 4th, 201
Payment may be paid in full or in two deposits, half at purchase & the other half April 1st, 2017. Use the code "RetreatDeposit" at checkout.
- a memorable French dinner on site provided by the Chateau Owners, Edouard and Alexia
- all meals (except dinner on Thursday evening when we will be exploring a neighboring town or castles)
- all breakfasts
- all workshop classes & refreshments during
- all workshop materials
- 4 nights accommodation
- Complimentary transport to Chateau from train station in Brou and Bonneval upon arrival and departure.
- Transportation to nearby towns and castles on Thursday
Not Included :
- drinks or meals off premises
- Travel insurance
*Tickets are non-refundable
You are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend up to 1 week prior to the retreat.
Have questions? Email Julie at email@example.com
We're looking forward to meeting you au printemps en France!