The French Creative Retreat
The French Creative Retreat
September 10-14th, Dangeau, France.
Join us in the French countryside just south of Paris for a week of creativity and rejuvenation: landscape and nature painting in the open air, floral arranging with locally foraged greenery and blooms, cultivating community with other creative people, and taking part in the relaxed, French way of life.
The retreat will be hosted in a large chateau and working farm, located an hour south of Paris, amongst idyllic fields, small villages, and ancient castles. In this setting we will deeply experience the charm of France and enjoy creativity and inspiration in a slow-living environment.
The experience will begin as we gather on Monday afternoon at the Chateau for welcoming refreshments and time to get to know each other over wine, followed by a tour of the house and grounds led by Edouard (the family heir of the Chateau). We will have our first workshop before dinner on the grounds. Throughout the remainder of the week, we will offer optional creative workshops focused on nature and interpreting the beauty around us into paintings, floral arrangements, and photography. There will also be ample time for you to wander the grounds, rest, journal, and refresh your soul.
We will take expeditions to explore the surrounding villages and castles during the week, so we can shop at the local market or go out to a restaurant with new friends. France is full of culture and charms and this is the perfect time to catch a bit of the local way-of-life.
We will eat well with delicious meals prepared by our wonderful chef, Beth Ables, using produce from the farm and surrounding countryside, and wine from the Chateau's cellar.
Above all, we want to make sure you feel refreshed when you leave. Through retreat, creative workshops, good food, and fellowship, there will be a harmonious balance of inspiration, rest and rejuvenation.
Photography Styling Sessions
Plein Air Watercolor Painting
This retreat is perfect for anyone seeking creative encouragement, inspiration, and transformative new ideas. The workshops will be tailored to your desires and experience levels. Beginners & advanced participants are welcome!
Monday afternoon and evening
- Guests arrive; gather at the Chateau for a wine tasting and cocktails followed by a tour of the chateau and historic grounds.
- Workshop 1
- Dinner and a relaxed evening exploring the house and grounds
- Slow morning over a European breakfast and coffee followed by workshop session 2, lunch, and workshop session 3. There will be time to rest and explore before joining us for dinner.
- Slow morning over a European breakfast and coffee followed by workshop session 4, lunch, and workshop session 5. There will be time to rest, explore, and create before joining us for dinner.
- European breakfast followed by a morning workshop and light lunch. Afternoon spent exploring the nearby castles, cathedral, and town as well as optional plein air painting. Lunch in a local restaurant of your choice.
- There will be time to rest, explore, and create before joining us for dinner.
- Breakfast, relaxation, and departure at noon.
please note that the schedule and events are subject to change to accomodate weather and other circumstances.
Dates: September 10-14th
Payment may be paid in full or in two deposits, half at purchase & the other half August 1st, 2017. Use the code "RetreatDeposit" at checkout to pay 50% at this time.
- a memorable French dinner on site provided by the Chateau Owners, Edouard and Alexia
- all meals (except lunch on Thursday when we will be exploring a neighboring town)
- all breakfasts
- all workshop classes & refreshments during workshops
- all workshop materials & supplies
- 4 nights accommodation
- Complimentary transport to Chateau from the train station in Brou and Bonneval upon arrival and departure
- Transportation to nearby towns and castles on Thursday
Not Included :
- drinks or meals off premises
- Airfare (most participants fly in and out of Paris)
- Travel insurance
*Tickets are non-refundable
You are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend up to 1 week prior to the retreat.
Have questions? Email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you à l'automne en France!